Harness Mixes It Up In MarchMore winter series action highlights the Meadowlands weekend as March begins and Woodbine hosts the Cam Fella. At the Big M the top older pacing mares are featured in the Overbid on Feb. 4 and on Feb. 5 five-year-old-and-under pacers gather for the seasonal Four Leaf Clover. North of the border, at Woodbine, a field of four- and five-year-old pacers battle in the Cam Fella.
Meadowlands Pick 4 on Saturday, with its $100,000-guaranteed pool and the 10-percent TwinSpires bonus, and the no-takeout late Pick 4 at Cal Expo, also Saturday.
And March is free harness program month. Click here and get the info.
We have cleared up the confusion concerning the races included in the Cal Expo exotic. The problem surfaced because there are not always 15 races and we have a deadline that comes earlier than the program is released. So please make note of the following conditions based on how many races are offered on the Saturday evening program.
Pick-4 Meadowlands Mania
(1) Code Word had a bad outside trip in the Aquarius and won the week before. He is moving to the inside which could provide a better trip. (2) Panesthetic is coming off of three good qualifiers and can show plenty of speed. (4) Art Professor has had some rough trips in his last couple of starts but is a great horse and could blow this field away.
(4) Native Lightning got a good trip last week and if he gets another chance like that he will likely be in the trifecta. (8) Orr Hanover worked super hard weeks ago being hung for three-quarters of the mile and could get better positioning here.
(8) Fancyfreeshark is shipping in from Dover with a lot of back class. He had a rough trip in the WO13,000L5, which is way higher than this one and should prove his class in this mile. (10) Blue Claw has gotten better in his six-year-old campaign and could be best here even with the step up in class; most likely at a price.
(3) Touch The Rock was shuffled back last week and still got third. He will be a tough contender. (7) Super Eighty Eight has had some tough trips recently and may get better as the racing year goes on.
(2) Natty Lite was 21-1 last week and tried hard to bring home the big prize. “Natty” finished third even after having to race on the outside. (3) Long Last Look won very strongly and returns with no reason not to try again, though he may be the top choice.
(1) Haggin Oaks is hot, having won two of three at great odds. Since losing his last, he may again be ignored. (2) Lily’s Hi Ho, even though going first up, won a powerful mile and may be the favorite.
(1) Bo Knows Power was closing sharply when getting the show spot. (4) False Accusations won as the choice, could be tough here again. Mad River Hanover was the best closer last time and almost won.
(3) Gorgeous Forever was a beaten favorite and may be overlooked this time. Red Star Gilda has been productive and could get better odds than her chances leaving from post 8.
If you want to use all of these, you have to shell out $48. However, since three probable favorites are included, you can get a better chance at a big return by playing 2/1/1,6/3,8 for only $8.
Watch List Action