Glamour Pacers Locked And Loaded
‘Cup’ Candidates Convene
Elimination 1 - Race 5 - $50,000 purse
1. Michaels Power - S. Zeron - C. Coleman
2. Pet Rock - B. Sears - V. Morgan
3. Secretsoftheknight - D. McNair - G. McNair
4. Dapper Dude - J. Campbell - R. McIntosh
5. Mel Mara - L. Ouellette - T. Alagna
6. A Rocknroll Dance - Y. Gingras - J. Mulinix
7. Time To Roll - A. Miller - J. Takter
8. Allstar Legend - T. Tetrick - G. Teague
9. State Treasurer - J. Jamieson - I. Moore
10. Hillbilly Hanover - D. Miller - R. Norman
Two standouts by virtue of their early performances should take all of the money in this elimination. Michael’s Power is on a roll at this track, having won his division of the Somebeachsomewhere among four wins in as many starts this year, including the Upper Canada Cup at Georgian Downs. The Casie Coleman student is reportedly in top shape, which he will need facing A Rocknroll Dance.
A Rocknroll Dance just lost by a nose to in the June 2 New Jersey Sire Stakes (NJSS) at the Meadowlands. Time To Roll is perfect in two starts this year, after racing only a trio of miles at two. He is trained by Jimmy Takter.
Pet Rock, who we gave you when he won the Art Rooney last week, has two wins in three starts this year for trainer Virgil Morgan, Jr. He would be the one to save some ground as the speedballs fire and be able to surprise them. Or, he may be getting better and adore the two turns, delivering a surprisingly strong mile.
Elimination 2 - Race 8 - $50,000 purse
1. Sweet Lou - D. Palone - R. Burke
2. I Fought Dalaw - D. Miller - S. DePinto
3. Simply Business - R. Pierce - J. Takter
4. Hurrikane Kingcole - T. Tetrick - J. McDermott
5. Major Bombay - J. Bartlett - T. Alagna
6. Warrawee Needy - J. Jamieson - C. Jamieson
7. Easy Again - M. Teague - G. Teague
8. Bettors Edge - T. Tetrick - L. Toscano
9. Thinking Out Loud - R. Waples - R. McIntosh
American Jewel could do no wrong last year for Takter and was second in her 2012 debut. She lost only one race of nine and had a legitimate health excuse. In the second elim she will be up against last year’s Breeders Crown winner, Economy Terror.
American Jewel has to deal with an outside post and Economy Terror is somewhat over rated in our books, so we are looking at Rockaround Sue for an upset. We wouldn’t be surprised if she is the third choice but even with that status she could offer some real win money. She has a great chance to go all the way for trainer Tony Alegna.
Armbro Flight Ladies
Race 10 through Race 13 make up June 8’s no-takeout Pick 4. Let’s look at some of our contenders for a small ticket that could present a big return.
(6) Laredo’s Goose was second despite a rough outside trip that gave him the lead briefly. (7) Doit By The Clock won gallantly roving wide and still gained. He can come right back and start this ticket with a win.
(6) Pedal Pad appears the only one in this race with any reason to win off of recent starts. Last week he was 3-1, finishing third with a late rush that may have done the trick if started earlier in the mile.
(8) Schemes has been sitting on a win but for some reason cannot find the path at the right moment. He may get away from bettors tonight and do the job against this weak group that could offer a false favorite.
(4) Gee Up raced very well to get the show spot last out at 24-1 with a quick closing (5) Lil Hope, at 22-1, right there in fourth. They may team for a giant exacta and finish this ticket with big prices.
Ray Cotolo contributed to this edition.